Workforce Development Coordinator
Position: Workforce Development Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President, Business Services
Position: Full-Time (Exempt)
About the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce (BCC) is among the largest and most influential business advocacy
organizations in New York, having spent the last hundred years developing and promoting policies that
drive economic development and advance its members interests. The BCC is the voice of Brooklyn’s
business community, offering the resources, programs, tools, and direct support businesses need to
continue creating jobs and opportunities in their communities.
The Brooklyn Alliance (BA) is the 501(c)(3) not-for-profit economic development affiliate of the BCC. The
BA manages several key business and economic development programs for the BCC, including the NYC
Business Solutions Center, the Good Help small business staffing program, our international trade
partnerships, industry-specific initiatives for the manufacturing and tourism sectors, and the newly
launched Small Business Rapid Recovery Initiative (SBRRI) to help small businesses re-open and navigate
the COVID landscape. Founded in 2017, Brooklyn Alliance Capital (BAC) is the Community Development
Financial Institution (CDFI) lending affiliate of the BCC.
Good Help is the free employment service offered to Brooklyn businesses. Good Help has been serving
the Brooklyn business community for over 15 years. The Good Help program is a workforce intermediary
which assists Brooklyn businesses with finding, hiring, and retaining qualified employees. Good Helpworks
with a variety of community-based organizations, workforce training entities, offices of elected officials,
colleges, and technical training schools to source the most qualified candidates for member businesses.
Good Help services include conducting posting open jobs, developing job descriptions, prescreening
jobseekers, interviewing jobseekers, computer skills testing, referral, and placement of potential
The Workforce Development Coordinator serves as one of the primary professional staff positions within
the Good Help program. The Coordinator will be directly responsible for managing and overseeing the
Good Help On-the-Go program presentations and professional development workshops for young adults.
- Managing and processing of Good Help job seekers by conducting screening interviews todetermine compatibility with specified job requirements.
- Working with referral agencies including community-based organizations, employment andtraining providers and offices of elected officials to solicit appropriate candidates for open Good Help jobs.
- Attend all community partnership meetings.
- Successfully recruit 225 young adults and enroll 180 into the Good Help On-the-Go program.
- Coordinate and administer Good Help On-the-Go Professional Development presentations in partnership with community partners.
- Conduct field visits to Good Help businesses to determine job conditions, providing support to businesses for staffing and related workforce development business services.
- Participate in both internal and external events as necessary, including job fairs, trade shows, networking events and seminars.
- Conduct outreach to businesses to increase the number of employers providing job openings to Good Help.
- Meet monthly goals for job placements (75 placements annually)
- Support the Vice President with special projects and programs, execution, and follow-up.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-years’ experience in workforce development, staffing or human resources.
- Strong presentation and follow up skills required.
- Energetic, proactive, and organized.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Organized, with an ability to multi-task and prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Multilingual preferred but not required.
How to Apply?
- Please send a resume accompanied by a cover letter to [email protected] with subject line:Workforce Development Coordinator
Full benefits package, an EEO employer.