Tech/Digital Fellow (Manhattan)
About the Manhattan Chamber
The Manhattan Chamber of Commerce is proud to represent more than 1,600 business members across the borough, including business owners, entrepreneurs and executives. We support them in several ways:
- We are a thought leader and advocate, maintaining strong relationships with policymakers, organizing business leaders around public policy objectives, and serving as a leading voice for business interests at both the city and state levels.
- We have a history of championing industry causes and achieving results.
- We are a platform for business development, providing opportunities to help businesses of all sizes to network, meet prospective clients and customers, showcase products and services, elevate brands and enhance visibility.
- We help them meet their business objectives and increase revenue.We are a knowledgeable resource for small businesses and startups which face unique challenges as they try to launch and grow in New York.
- We provide education, connections, mentorship and other supports to guide them on this journey. In short, we are the convener, voice and advocate of our diverse and collaborative membership who drive New York’s success.
Program Overview Many small businesses in New York City are struggling in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic and the shutdown of the economy. The Manhattan Chamber of Commerce is helping small businesses by:
- Identifying businesses in need through direct outreach, as well as referrals from organizations;
- conducting individual intake assessments to understand what type of help and interventions would be most helpful to each business
- connecting these businesses with the expert help and resources they need to thrive in a post-COVID economy, such as financing, legal guidance, tech training and marketing strategies;
- collecting data to quantify the economic impact on businesses and guide future public policy solutions and interventions. In particular, the Manhattan Chamber works to help businesses recalibrate their strategy and strengthen their operations at this critical moment.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support business owners with an array of tech needs and communications, including providing content to Clean-up Corp (CCC) project team to promote small business collaboration and awareness of CCC resources/programming;
- Work collaboratively with the SBRN’s Business Recovery team to focus on assisting small businesses with digitizing their businesses;
- Perform outreach to businesses in LMI communities, with a few specific neighborhoods as defined by the Chamber;
- Assist in collecting materials for new/updated website designs, social media setup, and other digital marketing services;
- Connect businesses to technical assistance resources such as contactless payment, digital menus, and delivery platforms;
- Light data entry to track engagements into Salesforce system using iPad
- College degree and/or professional certification and/or 1-2 years relevant experience in the tech and/or digital marketing sector(s) is preferred;
- A background in community organization or economic development is highly desired;
- Bilingual in Spanish or Mandarin/Cantonese is highly desired;
- Manhattan residency or strong familiarity with Manhattan neighborhoods is preferred.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full benefits package
There is an expectation that this position will be out in the field to help businesses where they are. Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided.
The Manhattan Chamber of Commerce is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and list the languages you speak to: [email protected]