Senior Business Recovery Specialist, Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
Position: Senior Business Recovery Specialist, Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
Reports to: Senior Director, Business Recovery, Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
Position: Full-Time (Exempt)
The Brooklyn Alliance, the not-for-profit economic development affiliate of the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce, is part of the New York City Small Business Resource Network (SBRN) – a public-private partnership between the five borough chambers of commerce, the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, the Partnership for New York City, and the Economic Development Corporation (EDC) and a citywide response to the COVID pandemic and shutdown of the economy. The crisis has had a crippling impact on Brooklyn’s business community, which has dramatically altered the borough’s economic. The SBRN is designed to support small business recovery coming out of the COVID pandemic.
The SBRN is a comprehensive approach to assisting and supporting small businesses across the borough that have been impacted by COVID. Central to the success of the SBRN are Business Recovery Specialists who are responsible for engaging businesses in specific geographic areas of the borough. The Senior Business Recovery Specialist will serve as a liaison to affected businesses throughout the borough by providing direct, intensive one-on-one technical assistance to help businesses secure financing and train Brooklyn Chamber staff on relevant financial support programs. The Senior Business Recovery Specialist will also support the SBRN’s efforts by making referrals to public and private resources for businesses so they can obtain business coaching, financing, business planning support, marketing help, technology resources, and legal services.
The Senior Business Recovery Specialist will engage in the following scope of activities:
- Serve as the lead staff person on the Brooklyn Chamber’s Recovery Team responsible for researching and identifying all potential business financial support programs (public and private), and understanding eligibility and process requirements for businesses to apply
- Serve as the lead trainer of financial support programs for the chamber’s Business Recovery Specialists
- Help businesses research and apply for financial support opportunities from the government and private sources of funding, including providing technical assistance to secure funding
- Develop an individualized service support plan for affected businesses and make referrals to available City, State and Federal programs and existing Brooklyn Chamber services, including micro-lending and finance programs, business courses, M/WBE certification, and procurement programs
- Manage the requirements and track the goals and metrics for the Brooklyn Chamber’s Technical Assistance Program from the Empire State Development to provide business consultations, informational sessions, and support applying for financing
- Help businesses develop their business, marketing and operational plans, as needed
- Refer businesses to public and private resources through the NYC Small Business Resource Network
- Organize commercial corridor “walk-throughs” with relevant elected and government officials
- Special projects as directed by the President and CEO of the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
- Directly administer and monitor grant programs and funds to support businesses
College degree and relevant experience in business, marketing, banking/finance, real estate or government. Bilingual Mandarin or Spanish desired. Brooklyn residency or strong familiarity with Brooklyn neighborhoods preferred.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full benefits package
- The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is an EEO employer
- Please email your resume and specific cover letter with the subject line Senior Business Recovery Specialist to [email protected]
- Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted