Retail Store Team Leader, The Brooklyn Made Store
Position: Retail Store Team Leader, The Brooklyn Made Store
Pay Rate: $30/hr Experience Required
The Brooklyn Made Store is looking for a Retail Store Team Leader who is a team player with boundless curiosity, and the utmost care, that will lead their team to fulfill Brooklyn Made Store’s commitment to our customers and our local communities. The Retail Store Team Leader will do this by maintaining outstanding customer service, generating revenue through helpful product knowledge, inventory orders, housekeeping, merchandising signing, pricing, and POS operations.
The Brooklyn Made Store is a retail store that will provide an opportunity to showcase and celebrate Brooklyn’s very own products, makers and businesses. The Brooklyn Made Store will go beyond Brooklyn made retail products on shelves as an interactive experience to meet and learn about the Brooklyn small business owners, who most, if not all will be BIPOC and/or women, to hear first-hand stories and to see their products/craft. The store will help support tourism recovery in Brooklyn and city-wide, and focus on shedding light to underserved Brooklyn neighborhoods, BIPOC-owned and women-owned businesses, and promote Brooklyn communities that may be overlooked by the traditional Brooklyn tourism agenda and highlights.
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building and managing a guest-first, team culture across the store
- Skills in guest engagement: problem solving and resolution
- Knowledge of retail business fundamentals
- Placing inventory orders on time and planning future orders
- Managing a team of retail associates
- Skills in recruiting and selecting talent management of store staff members
- Training store team members
- Overseeing team’s work schedule
- Resolving customer service issues and questions
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Availability to work flexible schedules including day/evening shifts, weekends and holidays as required by the needs of the business
- Regular and timely attendance in accordance with store policy
- Responsible professional with strong work ethics
- Store is open 7 days a week (final store open hours will be determined closer to the store opening)
- Flexible schedule preferred
- Ability to lift at least 20lbs required
- Standing on your feet for long periods of time
Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your resume to Gabrielle Napolitano [email protected]
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.