Restaurant & Hospitality Industry Specialist, Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
Position: Restaurant & Hospitality Industry Specialist
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Position: Full-Time (Exempt)
About the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce (BCC) is among the largest and most influential business advocacy
organizations in New York, having spent the last hundred years developing and promoting policies that
drive economic development and advance its members interests. The BCC is the voice of Brooklyn’s
business community, offering the resources, programs, tools, and direct support businesses need to
continue creating jobs and opportunities in their communities.
The Brooklyn Alliance (BA) is the 501(c)(3) not-for-profit economic development affiliate of the BCC. The
BA manages several key business and economic development programs for the BCC, including the NYC
Business Solutions Center, the Good Help small business staffing program, our international trade
partnerships, industry-specific initiatives for the manufacturing and tourism sectors, and the newly
launched Small Business Rapid Recovery Initiative (SBRRI) to help small businesses re-open and navigate
the COVID landscape. Founded in 2017, Brooklyn Alliance Capital (BAC) is the Community Development
Financial Institution (CDFI) lending affiliate of the BCC.
The NYC Small Business Resource Network is a city-wide initiative to bring technical assistance and business recovery support to NYC small businesses through the 5 boroughs’ local Chamber of Commerce. Funded by a grant from the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, in conjunction with the Partnership for New York City and NYC Economic Development Corporation.
The NYC Small Business Resource Network will be able to assist in technology, real estate, legal and accounting services, procurement opportunities, marketing, loans, grants, and more. Our on-the-ground Small Business Support Specialists help guide businesses to the resources you need.
The NYC SBRRN is a comprehensive, multi-pronged approach to assisting small businesses across the
borough to restart after the prolonged closures due to the COVID crisis.
As industries such as restaurants resume business, they still face many challenges that could result in
long-term reduced economic activity. Central to the success of the SBRN is a Restaurant & Hospitality
Industry Specialist, responsible for engaging these business sectors in specific geographic areas. The
Restaurant & Hospitality Industry Specialist serves as liaison to affected businesses and utilizes a
comprehensive scope of resources to aid restaurants and hospitality establishments navigate through
The Restaurant & Hospitality Industry Specialist will engage in the following scope of activities:
- Work collaboratively with the NYC SBRN team of citywide Recovery Specialists to focus
resources in accelerating the recovery of restaurant and hospitality establishments.
- Interpret and provide information to businesses on changing regulations on outdoor dining,
such as capacity, sidewalk, and curb seating.
- Track and be informed with policies impacting the industry at all levels of government, be
familiar and current with laws impacting the industry.
- Interact with restaurant and hospitality industry leaders, and monitor industry news to stay
current on industry trends and issues.
- Provide workforce development services to industry workers in tandem with the Brooklyn
Chamber of Commerce Good Help employment program.
- Connect businesses to technical assistance resources such as contactless payment, digital menus
and delivery platforms.
- Conduct outreach and data collection to quantify the impact on the industry.
- Develop individualized service support plans for affected business, considering available City,
State and Federal programs, along with existing Brooklyn Chamber services including micro-
lending and finance programs, M/WBE certification and procurement programs.
- Assist affected businesses with completing relevant applications necessary for securing
resources made available by government and other public and private sources.
- Leveraging the utilization of the Brooklyn APP, the Brooklyn Chamber’s digital platform to serve
as a tool for marketing, promotion, and community interfacing.
- Special projects and events as directed by the President and CEO of the Brooklyn Chamber of
College degree and relevant experience in the restaurant and/or hospitality sector(s). A background in
business or marketing and bilingual Spanish or Mandarin highly desired. Brooklyn residency or strong
familiarity with Brooklyn neighborhoods preferred.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package.
- The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is an EEO employer.
- Please email your resume and cover letter including the following subject line: Restaurant Industry Specialist to: [email protected]
- Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.