Finance Account Manager, NYC Business Solutions Center – Brooklyn
Position: Finance Account Manager,, NYC Business Solutions
Reports to: Vice President, Business Services, Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
Position: Full-Time (Exempt)
The Finance Account Manager of the NYC Business Solutions Center – Brooklyn, is responsible for assisting NYC Business Solutions Center clients gain access to financial support. They will do this through business counselling, credit counselling and, where feasible, connecting them to a financial institution that is most suited to their needs. The Finance Account Manager must deliver high-quality services to Support the BSC’s mission and to enable small businesses in Brooklyn to start, operate, and expand. They must possess exceptional written and oral communication skills, time management skills and be able to operate with excellence in a fast-paced environment. Specifically, the Finance Account Manager, manages the financial support services which involve critical metrics for the Center’s successful operation. Candidates for this position should have banking or loan underwriting experience. They will cultivate existing relationships and build new relationships with key financial institutions, to find the best fit for business Solutions Center clients. This work includes assessing the potential of entrepreneurs as they start their businesses, pre-screening clients for NYC Business Solutions Center’s full range of services. In addition, the position is responsible for special projects as directed by the President & CEO and the Business Solutions Center Director.
About NYC Business Solutions:
NYC Business Solutions is a set of services offered by the New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS) to help businesses start, operate and expand in New York City. NYC Business Solutions has been at the forefront of the Mayor’s commitment to help business customers, providing small businesses and entrepreneurs with the ability to access government services by phone, online, or in person at NYC Business Solutions Centers located in business districts throughout the five boroughs. The NYC Business Solutions set of services consists of: Business Courses, Legal Assistance, Financing, Incentives, Navigating Government, Recruitment, Training, Selling to Government and M/WBE Certification.
About the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce:
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is a community of Members that supports and advocates for its member businesses and promotes a healthy and robust business environment in Brooklyn. The Brooklyn Chamber’s membership includes local, regional, and national businesses with customers or business interests in neighborhoods across the borough. The Brooklyn Chamber’s membership mirrors the Brooklyn business community. From proprietors to large corporations, Member businesses represent industries such as financial services, energy, insurance, manufacturing, dining, shopping, wholesale and retail trade, fashion, hospitality, health care, real estate, and communications.
- Collaborate with the NYC Business Solutions team to deliver Center services in the areas of Financing, business education, and recruitment while providing a primary focus on Financing Assistance.
- Cultivate existing Banking and Community Development Financial Institution relationships and develop new ones. Understand their intake needs and underwriting standards in order to be the best advocate for BSC clients.
- Conduct proactive intake engagements, and follow-throughs with BSC clients to improve the quality of center service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Adhere to BSC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), create, and maintain complete records of customer engagements and business profiles in the Business Solutions Center CRM database.
- Achieve BSC required goals for Financing Assistance as defined in the SOP
- Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with quality assurance best practices and standards outlined in the SOP.
- Attend training and mentoring sessions such as those provided by SBS to enhance services delivered.
- Provide feedback to team members, the Center Director, and SBS on an ongoing basis to improve the system’s ability to achieve outcomes and provide high-quality services.
- Other tasks and duties that support the Center as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 2 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: commercial banking, specialty finance, residential or commercial loan originations.
- Proven track record of strong sales and/or customer service skills.
- Strong financial background with analytical and numerical proficiency.
- Proven relationships with NYC banks, and CDFI’s loan servicers and/or underwriters a plus.
- Proven knowledge of the loan servicing and/or underwriting process.
- Proven experience working with CRM software like MS Dynamics or Salesforce a plus.
- Experience working with small businesses, community-based organizations, community groups and/or government programs a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word is required, Power Point, Outlook and other Office products are a plus.
- Proven ability to manage towards goals to ensure achievement of those goals within deadlines.
- A strong belief in the potential of small businesses and the value of understanding their needs and helping them to succeed.
- Solid work ethic and high level of professional integrity.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of small business assistance and business support programs in New York City.
- Ability to manage towards goals in order to ensure the successful achievement of those goals by specific deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team and individual setting
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a diverse array of internal and external stakeholders.
- Flexible, adaptable, customer-focused, and goal-oriented with a commitment to high standards of excellence.
- The ability to think innovatively and generate new ideas that can translate directly into results.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full benefits package
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter including the following subject line:
Account Manager to: Gordon Scott [email protected]
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is an EEO employer.
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.