Economic Development Associate
Position: Economic Development Associate
Organization Overview: As the voice of the Brooklyn business community, the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce serves its members through promotion, support, advocacy, and its convening authority to build and maintain a healthy and robust business environment throughout the borough. The Brooklyn Alliance, its economic development arm, provides programs and business development services across Brooklyn’s diverse neighborhoods. Brooklyn Alliance Capital, a CDFI, is the Brooklyn Chamber’s lending arm, providing loans to small businesses, specifically immigrant and minority owned, to increase economic opportunity and create jobs in Brooklyn.
As Brooklyn continues to evolve, the Brooklyn Chamber consistently works to offer top-quality services and new opportunities for its members. It advances the borough through outstanding promotion, support, and advocacy as Brooklyn’s leading economic development organization.
Position Overview: The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is looking for an Economic Development Associate who can support the Vice President of Economic Development on current projects and new initiatives that impact Brooklyn and the wider community. The Associate is responsible for supporting the Brooklyn Entrepreneur Academy and initiatives that provide equitable opportunities and sustainable growth across the borough. The Associate will also be responsible for researching and designing strategies that advance Brooklyn as a hub for innovation and economic opportunity and working with our major members that support the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce.
Our ideal candidate excels in research and analysis as well as written and verbal communications and is eager to help make Brooklyn the most dynamic and diverse borough.
- Supporting the Vice President of Economic Development and Strategic Partnerships on current projects, communications, research, and outreach for industry committees
- Research on relevant economic trends and data
- Track and review major members packages and sponsorship
- Research grant opportunities related to workforce development, sustainability and clean energy
- Conduct research and develop funding applications to support economic development initiatives from both public and private sources
- Highly organized; ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects at once while navigating a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Develop clear, and visually compelling reports communicating Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce work
- Work with Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce Marketing + Engagement staff to develop content for BCC’s varied marketing channels, including a monthly newsletter, website, blog, and social media.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in economic development, sustainability, urban planning, business or public administration, economics, or related field.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Canva and Mailchimp
- Availability to work early evenings once a week and as needed for events
- Regular and timely attendance
- Responsible professional with strong work ethic
Salary: $65,000 – $70,000 with full benefits package
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Dina Rabiner [email protected]
Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.