Community Engagement Fellow
The Brooklyn Alliance, the not-for-profit economic development affiliate of the Brooklyn Chamber of
Commerce, is part of the New York City Small Business Resource Network (SBRN) – a public-private
partnership between the five borough chambers of commerce, the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, the
Partnership for New York City, the Economic Development Corporation (EDC), City Cleanup Corps (CCC)
and citywide response to the COVID pandemic and shutdown of the economy. The crisis has had a
crippling impact on Brooklyn’s business community, which has dramatically altered the borough’s
economic landscape. The SBRN is designed to support small businesses recover coming out of the COVID
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide in-person support to small business owners and refer, as appropriate, to CCC programming and other existing resources within the SBRN;
- Connect small businesses to CCC partners and other resources to ensure clean, vibrant streets;
- Perform outreach to businesses in low-to-moderate income (“LMI”) communities, with a few specific neighborhoods as defined by the Mayor’s Taskforce for Racial Inclusion and Equity (“TRIE”) and, if requested, assist in collecting data from business owners to assess the economic health of key neighborhoods;
- Attend community meetings and events to promote awareness of the program;
- Enroll restaurants in underrepresented neighborhoods in the Open Restaurants program;
- Communicate new guidelines and regulations;
- Conduct digital field assessments and surveys on-site at designated places of business;
- Assist in collecting stories, photos, etc. for reports and social media;
- Light data entry to track engagements into Salesforce system using iPad;
- Light administrative support activities to support Business Recovery Specialists.
- College degree and/or 1-2 years of experience in the restaurant and/or hospitality sector(s) is
- Strong communication/presentation skills and willingness to conduct in-person outreach is
- highly desired;
- Bilingual in Spanish or Mandarin/Cantonese is highly desired;
- Brooklyn residency or strong familiarity with Brooklyn neighborhoods is preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Full benefits package.
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is an EEO employer.
Please email your resume and cover letter with the subject line COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT FELLOW to
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.