Business Recovery Specialist
The Brooklyn Alliance, the not-for-profit economic development affiliate of the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce, established the Small Business Rapid Recovery Initiative (SBRRI) as part of its response to the COVID pandemic and the shutdown of the economy. The crisis has had a crippling impact on Brooklyn’s business community, and the economic landscape in Brooklyn will be dramatically altered as a result. The SBRRI is designed to support small business recovery concurrent with the phased business reopening schedule dictated by New York State. An important part of the SBBRI is emphasis on dividing the borough into five geographic sectors that will be managed locally in partnership with a local business improvement district or merchant association.
The SBRRI is a comprehensive, multi-pronged approach to assisting small businesses across the borough to restart after the prolonged closures due to the COVID crisis. Central to the success of the SBRRI are Business Recovery Specialists, responsible for engaging businesses in specific geographic areas of the borough. The Business Recovery Specialist serves as liaison to affected businesses in a specific sector and utilizes a comprehensive scope of resources to aid the borough’s business community recovery.
The Business Recovery Specialist will engage in the following scope of activities:
- Outreach and data collection to quantify the impact on businesses individually and collectively.
- Mapping of the affected businesses to provide visual impact reports.
- Assist in the creation of a localized command center in partnership with area BIDs, LDCs and merchant associations.
- Conducting digital field assessments and surveys onsite at designated places of business.
- Developing an individualized service support plan for affected business, considering available City, State and Federal programs, along with existing Brooklyn Chamber services including micro-lending and finance programs, M/WBE certification and procurement programs.
- Providing businesses with supplies of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), such as masks, gloves, sanitizer, thermometers, and contactless payment devices.
- Leveraging of Bring Back Brooklyn Fund grants; arranging for facility deep cleanings for businesses that reopen.
- Assisting affected businesses with completing relevant applications necessary for securing resources made available by government.
- Organizing area specific marketing and promotional events to jumpstart consumer engagement along specific commercial corridors.
- Organizing commercial corridor “walk-throughs” with relevant elected and government officials.
- Leveraging the utilization of the Brooklyn APP, the Brooklyn Chamber’s digital platform to serve as a tool for marketing, promotion and community interfacing.
- Convening groups of businesses and other stakeholders to develop community-wide strategies to support business recovery in their respective areas.
- Special projects as directed by the President and CEO of the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce.
College degree and relevant experience in business, marketing, banking/finance, real estate or government. Bilingual Spanish or Mandarin highly desired. Brooklyn residency or strong familiarity with Brooklyn neighborhoods preferred.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package.
- The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is an EEO employer.
- Please email your resume and cover letter including the following subject line: Business Recovery Specialist to [email protected]
- Note: only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.