Account Manager | Cannabis NYC, NYC Business Solutions Center – Brooklyn
FULL TIME POSITION:
The Account Manager | Cannabis NYC, of the NYC Business Solutions Center – Brooklyn Center, is responsible for assisting NYC BSC (Business Solutions Center)) clients gain access to the full array of Services at the Center. They will do this through business counselling, credit counselling and, where feasible, connecting them to a financial institution that is most suited to their needs. The Account Manager must deliver high-quality services to Support the BSC’s mission and to enable small businesses in Brooklyn, including Cannabis licensees, to start, operate, and expand. They must possess exceptional written and oral communication skills, time management skills and be able to operate with excellence in a fast-paced environment. Specifically, the Account Manager, manages the financial support services which involve critical metrics for the Center’s successful operation. This work includes assessing the potential of entrepreneurs as they start their businesses, pre-screening clients for NYC Business Solutions Center’s full range of services, with a primary focus on Cannabis NYC services. In addition, the position is responsible for special projects as directed by the President & CEO and the Business Solutions Center Director. This is an in-person position, on location, at 9 Bond Street Brooklyn, NY 11201
About NYC Business Solutions:
NYC Business Solutions is a set of services offered by the New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS) to help businesses start, operate and expand in New York City. NYC Business Solutions has been at the forefront of the mayor’s commitment to help business customers, providing small businesses and entrepreneurs with the ability to access government services by phone, online, or in-person at NYC Business Solutions Centers located in business districts throughout the five boroughs. The NYC Business Solutions’ set of services consists of: Business Courses, Legal Assistance, Financing, Incentives, Navigating Government, Recruitment, Training, Selling to Government and M/WBE Certification.
About the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce:
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is a community of Members that supports and advocates for its member businesses and promotes a healthy and robust business environment in Brooklyn. The Brooklyn Chamber’s membership includes local, regional, and national businesses with customers or business interests in neighborhoods across the borough. The Brooklyn Chamber’s membership mirrors the Brooklyn business community. From proprietors to large corporations, Member businesses represent industries such as financial services, energy, insurance, manufacturing, dining, shopping, wholesale and retail trade, fashion, hospitality, health care, real estate, and communications.
- Review Business plans, and provide technical assistance for creating complete Business Plans
- Provide technical assistance in developing marketing strategies and financial projections
- Collaborate with the NYC BSC team to deliver Center services in financing assistance, business education, business consultation, navigating government, and certification
- Understand intake needs for each service to be the best advocate for BSC clients.
- Adhere to BSC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and BSC Annual Goals and Expectations
- Create and maintain complete records of customer engagements and business profiles in the CRM database.
- Achieve individual and overall goals as defined in the SOP and the Director
- Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with quality assurance best practices and standards outlined in the SOP.
- Attend training and mentoring sessions such as those provided by SBS to enhance services delivered.
- Provide feedback to team members, the Center Director, and SBS on an ongoing basis to improve the system’s ability to achieve outcomes and provide high-quality services.
- Other tasks and duties that support the Center as assigned.
- Reviewing and writing business plans
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 2 years of experience
- Proven ability to manage towards goals to ensure achievement of those goals, within deadlines.
- Proven record of accomplishment with strong sales and/or customer service skills.
- Analytical and numerical proficiency a plus
- Some knowledge of the loan servicing and/or underwriting process is a plus
- Proven experience working with CRM software like MS Dynamics or Salesforce a plus
- Experience working with small businesses, community-based organizations, community groups and/or government programs a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word is required, Power Point, Outlook and other Office products are a plus.
- Proficiency in CRM data entry and follow-through a plus
- Knowledge of business registration process
- knowledge of City and State license and permits, including Cannabis Licenses & MRTA
- A strong belief in the potential of small businesses and the value of understanding their needs and helping them to succeed.
- Solid work ethic and elevated level of professional integrity.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of small business assistance and business support programs in New York City.
- Ability to manage towards goals to ensure the success of those goals by specific deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team and individual setting
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with many internal and external stakeholders.
- Flexible, adaptable, customer-focused, and goal-oriented with a commitment to exacting standards of excellence.
- The ability to think innovatively and generate innovative ideas that can translate directly into results.
- $68K, annually
- Full benefits package
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter including the following subject line:
Account Manager | Cannabis NYC to: [email protected]
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is an EEO employer.
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.