Community Health Advocates
Community Health Advocates (CHA), a program of the Community Service Society, helps New York small businesses understand their health insurance and access the health care they need. CHA provides free, confidential individual counseling and education for small businesses in New York State. The services are free and the assistance provided in multiple languages.
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce provides a one-stop service to public or private small businesses, with 1 to 100 employees that need to change healthcare coverage or have no healthcare coverage at all. We assist small employers with understanding the Affordable Care Act, understand health insurance coverage, and access the health care they need.
- One-on-one assessment for healthcare
- Screening eligibility of tax credits
- Provides referrals to other providers in the CHA network
- Connecting small businesses to healthcare broker
- Provides information on the Affordable Care Act
BUSINESS STRUCTURES THAT QUALIFY FOR CHA SERVICES
- Sole proprietorship Partnerships
- General partnership
- Limited partnership
- S corporation
- Limited liability company
- Nonprofit Organizations
TAX CREDITS ELIGIBILITY
- Fewer than 25 full-time employees
- Two half-time employees count like one full-time employee
- Average annual wages < $53,000 − Not counting the wages of the owner or her family
- The employer pays at least 50% of the premium cost
- Non-profits are eligible too!
For more information about this program, please contact Frank Mitchell at [email protected]